Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Beautiful Art

As an amatuer photographer, I am absolutely enamored of black and white art prints and photographs. My favorites are usually landscapes, but I appreciate the finer details of images that are truly unique.


This, is one of them:


Its an art print by Eirenraevall, and uses one of my favorite techniques to play with in the darkroom, being layered or sandwhiched negatives.
This image speaks to me especially, because the lighting captures the seeming sadness or resignation of the girl/angel trapped behind and reaching through the fence. Its a very personal touchstone for me.

2 comments:

Michelle Brunner said...

Beautiful photograph:)

Angela said...

What a beautiful pic. Thanks for sharing it! Black and white prints are my favorite too.

Take care:)