Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Wordy Wednesday! (Now with Pictures!)

Today's word of the day is Majestic!

Mind-Blowing, radiant, beautiful, exalted, grand.... there are all kinds of words that could be used to describe the things I see when I am here at the out-laws (aka, my BF's parents home in Asheville NC), but instead, I think today, I will just show you the Majesty that I cannot find words for today...



This is the view of the mountains from the bedroom window where we typically stay when visiting the out-laws.  It's even more stunning at night with the lights of the towns in the valley all lit up with the mountains and clouds in high relief from the almost full moon.


 
And this was the view that I had yesterday when we arrived at the Biltmore "house".  Standing at the top of the long hill near the statue of Diana, Goddess of the Hunt.

The interior was even more stunning, but alas, they do not allow photos to be taken of the interior.  The whole of it is positively stunning...and the views from the windows of the upper levels are amazing - but in the end, they are much the same as the views from the bedroom here...

In the end, it has been a lovely weekend.  The "vacation" from reality has given me wonderful inspiration for the coming year and I can't wait to get back into the kitchen and start creating new and wonderful products for everyone!


6 comments:

Iced Adornments said...

And it's things like that, which drive me to want to move there. It's totally gorgeous up there in the mountains.

LEFTZ said...

What an awesome view and I would totally live in that house ;)

Anne-Marie said...

Beautiful view! Bummer you couldn't take pictures of the inside! I would have loved to see it!

Lrc said...

How fabulous! There is something healing about beauty...

Kelly Miller said...

Awesome! Always wanted 2 visit Biltmore Estate! Was planning a trip there a while ago, but don't recall what happend 2 it. lol The pictures just make u wanna go so bad. lol

Amy said...

I think everyone should go to the Biltmore at least once. Especially if you love antiques and all things Victorian...

It's expensive, but well worth the price of admission - and the admission goes toward saving the antiques - so its not so bad.

@ArtTales - which one? LOL the Out-Laws place looks like a gingerbread castle - its amazing.

@LrC I agree- there is something healing about the mountains as well. I don't know what it is with me and the Blue Ridge - but I always feel so peaceful, even if all I am doing is driving through.