Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Good morning! I took advantage of my extra 3 hours today!

No, I did not suddenly become a morning person.  I am still your basic old fashioned grumpus until I've been awake for 3 or 4 hours.  The problem is, it just so happens I have been awake for 3 or 4 hours already, despite it only being 635am.

At 330 this morning, the wind advisory we've been under here in the St. Louis area, went from being an advisory to a full blown wind-storm.  Apparently the balcony door didn't close all the way, so the 35mph wind gusts blew the door open (thank goodness for the cat box, it only blew open about 5 or 6 inches vs all the way!) and trailed in a 22 degree blast of cold air that left me wide awake.  The fact that I was having nightmares about the shop right before that more or less determined my inability to fall back to sleep.

So, I spent the morning being productive in the shop.  Got a bunch of new things listed, edited a few more, worked on copy for the listings, and futzed on twitter. :) 

Here in a bit I'll be taking pics for said new listings, for now they have generic or distinctly older photos in them just to make do.  The hard part, actually listing them, is done at least.  And it solved a rather nagging curiosity of mine.  Sandalwood everything sells very well, but for whatever reason, the sandalwood frosting wasn't selling nearly as well as typically expected - and I figured out why this morning - apparently, it was never listed!  *slap forehead*

So, all of these new listings and edited listings are now located in the Sale section of the shop.  Everything there is 15-50% off, and the listings are only good "while supplies last".  I have an excess of inventory left over from the last show I did about 2 weeks before Thanksgiving, and since I'm going back to the Virginia House on (or around) the 18th, I want to clear it all out so I don't have to pack it and move it.  (Hot process soaps excluded for the most part because those take too long to restock).

The cool part - other than getting really great products on sale - is that I'm currently at about 6-7 (business) days for fresh made products... since these are already made, they can be shipped immediately - which means they'd be great for you Canadian and European folks because I can still get them out before the holiday deadline.

Speaking of... this coming weekend is the last sale I will be having this year, probably for at least a month or so...I might have a small one on my birthday in January.  So I'm offering a sneak peak for blog readers.  I'm going to be offering Free Shipping for all domestic orders over $25... 50% off  First Class International Shipping with orders over $40... Free Flat Rate International Shipping (medium box - a $26 savings) on all International orders over $75.  If you mention this blog post when you check out, you can get the sale prices now.  No exclusions applicable - this is valid for anything in the shop including sale and clearance items. 

So now I am off to enjoy my oatmeal, which hopefully doesn't have too much cross contamination of wheat or gluten since its the only breakfast food in the house... and then I'll be getting back to the To Do List of Doom. ;-D

Have a great day all!  Don't forget, more to come tomorrow about the approaching holiday! :)

~Amy

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!

Amy said...

Why thank you.

I'm curious as to why you are posting anonymously though. :-)