Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Twilight

Saturday morning found me at the Mall of all places. The honey wanted a new CD and I figured I'd look for Pride & Prejudice on DVD. I didn't find it but what I did find was the first 4 books in the Twilight series by Stephanie Meyer-- Twilight, New Moon, Eclipse, and Breaking Dawn.





I had heard good things about them, despite the fact that they are geared toward a teenage audience....and really, who can turn down a vampire romance? Not I. I bought the first two books; I figured that they would be a good distraction during a college football weekend. I opened the first one in the car on the way home and didn't put it down except to sleep. I read them both by Monday afternoon and had to go back to the mall to get the 3rd and 4th.


Addicted. I am thoroughly addicted. I am almost through Eclipse (it's slower going because I have to stop reading to go to work, damn it) and I am aching to know what happens! I want to keep Edward. Can I have him? ;-)

The coolest thing is that the movie for Twilight is coming out in November or December. I can't wait to see how it plays out on the big screen. After watching the trailers for it, I've already noted some discrepancies, but I suppose that can be said for any book-made-movie.

2 comments:

KrisMrsBBradley said...

I got the first book for my son, and as usual, ended up reading it myself, too. We flew through the rest and waited impatiently for Breaking Dawn to come out -- and had it first thing the morning of! Great books!

The movie comes out next month. Did you know that there is going to be another version of Twilight put out, but from Edward's point of view? That should be a good read!

WickedSoaps said...

Ooooo...no, I didn't know that! That WILL be a good read! Thanks!