Sunday, February 14, 2010

Say It Sunday - What do you do when you have the Flu

I don't know about anyone else, but I'm perfectly willing to admit I'm usually a baby when I'm sick.  Which is to say, if I'm not dying then I like to be pampered.  The few times I've been sick enough to be in the hospital I kvetched the whole time about how I was fine and really needed to go do XYZ right this minute.

3 days ago I got cold.  So cold that if the temperature in the house dropped below 70 I would start shivering.  I had a headache, but that wasn't really anything considering how little sleep I was getting trying to do everything I needed to do. 

Last night I became violently ill, the temperature in the house was 75 degrees and I was shivering so hard my back was popping.  Today I am exhausted.  I am barely holding food, and I have developed a cough.  Everything I have made the last 2 days has been thrown away.  I keep my soap making as clean as possible.  I wear gloves when I need to, I clean everything with 91% alcohol as I use it, I sterilize everything in my dishwasher and I use preservatives, but I would rather bear the brunt of unhappy people for delayed shipments than pass on viruses. 

So what do I do when I have the flu?  I sleep a lot - 12 hours so far since 3am.  I curl up on the couch with a blanket, a bottle of water, a good movie and my dogs.  And I try really hard not to freak out about the work piling up. 

Hopefully the rest of you are healthy and doing well. I will hopefully be moving again by tomorrow. 

9 comments:

Pili said...

Oi, you poor thing!!
First of all, get some proper rest! Don't worry about the orders, I'm sure everyone will understand!
Make sure you recover properly and don't try to overwork yourself!

I'm a nurse, and that means I'm the crappiest person when I'm sick, I refuse to take meds unless absolutely necessary and tend to just want to sleep and be left well alone!

randee_talks said...

OH MY! im a BIG baby when i get sick too. ive only gone to the hospital once and i was more alone than ever so it was not fun. i guess sick is never fun.

I hope you feel better soon. wish i could help more but you are in my thoughts :)

Mistress E. said...

Feel better soon! When I get sick I am utterly useless...just want to sleep 24/7. What sucks is that my husband is even worse at that than me, and we're often sick at the same time, though he did take excellent care of me after both my surgeries!

PussDaddy said...

I hope you get better soon. Lots of soup, lots of blankets, lots of laying around, and medicine is what you need.

PussDaddy

randee_talks said...

share the love :) http://randeetalks.blogspot.com

MAB from OtterCatHaus said...

Oh, I hope you feel better. If I'm sick, I just want to be left alone. Don't look at me, don't talk to me, don't touch me.
See, I am a housecat!

Paperprincess34 said...

Hope you feel better. Dont worry, the work will still be there when you're feeling better ;)

Skulda said...

Hope you're feeling better. I stopped by your shop to check out the facial care items and saw your message about taking a vacation.

Be well!

Lrc said...

So sorry to hear you've been sick! I don't like much touching when i'm not well, especially with nausea and all. I think sleep and making sure that you are getting enough fluids (even if they come back up!) is the way to go. Don't worry about the orders!